Tuesday, 2024-04-23, 10:23 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
Main | I need help i want to make a mod ,request for wector. - Forum | Registration | Login
Site menu
Login form
Search
Visist Other Sites
  • Create your own site

• Jedi Knight 3 Files

• Moddb
  • MD2 Polls
    What Mission Will You See In The Coming Gameplay Movies?

Total of answers: 93
    A Total Conversion For Jedi Academy
    [ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
    • Page 1 of 2
    • »
    Forum » Gaming Section » Jka Ideas, Requests, etc » I need help i want to make a mod ,request for wector. (Mod)
    I need help i want to make a mod ,request for wector.
    SecretAgent007Date: Tuesday, 2009-07-14, 2:33 PM | Message # 1
    Padawan
    Group: Users
    Hey wector can you teach me some things about making a mod? because i got some ideas to make movie duels of other movies and games like Lord of the Rings, Highlander, Gladiator etc. maybe short post but its a request quiestion.

Message edited by SecretAgent007 - Tuesday, 2009-07-14, 2:34 PM

kal01Date: Tuesday, 2009-07-14, 8:15 PM | Message # 2
    Admin
    Group: Administrators
    there are many things needed to make a mod, you hav ethe choice to make them all alone or find a team to help you.

first of all and the most important i would say is scripting to make cinematics and cutscenes.
    then theres mapping to make the environment.
    after theres modeling and skinning to make the characters and there skin.
    after theres coding this is to make the menus the options in the mod. Its more with codes though
    After there are designs to mka enew designs for the mod.
    Then theres audio you wil need audio files.
    Theres also textures to mak enew textures for the maps.
    animations if you want to make new stances attacks etc.

theres also permission if you want to use others work but its not rcomended i would say make things by yourself you will be happier in the end.

SO as i said its the basic to make a mod. everything you will do will all work together in the end. Scripts with the maps and models and all. And also you can find a team like i did, its less work and everyone has his strengths in differernt parts. or like wector who made it by himself and who i would say is a very talented modder to make this and learn all of this alone. biggrin

Tales of the sith lord project leader and mapper for JAU

SecretAgent007Date: Tuesday, 2009-07-14, 10:02 PM | Message # 3
    Padawan
    i just want to know what i need or where i can find good tutorials. and i know wector is good:) and i want to make it alone no team:)

kal01Date: Wednesday, 2009-07-15, 2:54 AM | Message # 4
    Admin
    ok well first of all i would say look at this thread, it gives you a list of all programs and tutorials you will need for ALMOST everything. you can also look at the second one for a list of things too

http://forums.filefront.com/showthread.php?t=333326

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/info/Tutorials

hope this helps

SecretAgent007Date: Wednesday, 2009-07-15, 6:40 PM | Message # 5
    Padawan
    thanks kal01 only i like to know if you can make maps with 3ds max do you know if its possible?

kal01Date: Wednesday, 2009-07-15, 8:52 PM | Message # 6
    Admin
    3ds max is only for models. Maps is with gtk radient. in tutorials they will mention jk2radient but dont use jk2 radient it still works with gtk radient. 1.4 or 1.5 but i recomend 1.4 since theres less unusual bugs. the link should be in the links i gave you biggrin

SecretAgent007Date: Wednesday, 2009-07-15, 9:01 PM | Message # 7
    Padawan
    Thanks kal01 its in one of the links but first i want to focus on mapmaking. after that i will see. Maybe we can work together one day i also saw and heard you were working with a team on tales of the sith lords. and i got vista sp1 gtk radiant 1.4 will not work so i need 1.5 probably

Message edited by SecretAgent007 - Wednesday, 2009-07-15, 11:24 PM

kal01Date: Thursday, 2009-07-16, 0:45 AM | Message # 8
    Admin
    yea probably but i dont have vista so i cant tell, also let me tell you that when i first started mapping i didnt know what i was dooing, but look at this tutorial and it explains everything. if ever you have a problem il try to help out.

http://www.richdiesal.map-craft.com/tutorials/index.html

so mess around a little read what he has to tell you and try things. but never discorage yourself. i got it quite fast and at the start like i told you i had trouble making two rooms haha.

good luck for your future projects cool

SecretAgent007Date: Sunday, 2009-07-19, 7:14 PM | Message # 9
    Padawan
    i already found a problem i can't spawn team spawns you know where i can find it? problem solved.

ok i made some progress not much but take a look at it and tell me what you think its a start of a gladiator map.

http://img268.imageshack.us/i/gladiatorarena.jpg/

Added (2009-07-19, 7:14 Pm)
    ---------------------------------------------
    no idea how to post it as link im sorry.

Message edited by SecretAgent007 - Sunday, 2009-07-19, 7:13 PM

kal01Date: Sunday, 2009-07-19, 8:27 PM | Message # 10
    Admin
    really for someone who started with that its really nice. though i would put the surrounding walls a little bit higher, its a really nice start looking forward to see more. biggrin also if ever you need help with the skybox just tell me and il tell you what to do. biggrin

ps: for the link posting, when you right a new message (newreply) there is a tool box on top. clic the http:// bottun and paste your link in there. wink

SecretAgent007Date: Wednesday, 2009-07-22, 3:53 PM | Message # 11
    Padawan
    thanks for you opinion i and i don't need help with the skybox i also found that outi just left it off to show you it but i can use some help do you know how you can put objects in map like chairs, furniture. or you need to make that by yourself?

Added (2009-07-22, 3:53 Pm)
    ---------------------------------------------
    I made some progress.

Message edited by SecretAgent007 - Sunday, 2009-07-19, 10:05 PM

kal01Date: Wednesday, 2009-07-22, 7:30 PM | Message # 12
    Admin
    well for map objects there is a way though im not really good at it. its easy putting the map object in game. But after the hard part is that you need to recover it with a brush. With the phisic clip texture in commo0n textures file. first go in your sort of screen where you add the brushes, the sort of plan screeb, then right cick and go to misc. after go to either map objects or models i cant remember and im not home so i dont have gtk with me now. but its one of those two. then go to your map object files when it opens and select the object you want. in the begging you will click on a file like yavin objects., nothing will be in the file you need to go down and which type opf file and select .md3 then the list will apear.

The brush recovery is need because if you just leave a map object like that it will apear in game thoughthe player will walk through the object, it wont be solid. this is why you need to make the form of your object using 2 point clipping and recover it with the physic clip texture. im not good with that yet though you might ask wector biggrin

SecretAgent007Date: Wednesday, 2009-07-22, 11:44 PM | Message # 13
    Padawan
    you gave me alot of help but i made this topic to ask wector maybe i PM him but 1 more thing im having alot of trouble with i made the map (arena) but now it says something error info_null or something. sv_setbrushmodel: null model for ent 1

kal01Date: Thursday, 2009-07-23, 2:22 AM | Message # 14
    Admin
    well info is the character spawn point therefore i pretty sure it has to do with your spawn points, if there to close to the ground or just not well set. but i never got those errors before, and never saw them either so im not so sure.

SecretAgent007Date: Thursday, 2009-07-23, 2:45 PM | Message # 15
    Padawan
    another quiestion kal01 i have made a cylinder but can you cut the cylinder? with clipper?

Forum » Gaming Section » Jka Ideas, Requests, etc » I need help i want to make a mod ,request for wector. (Mod)
    • Page 1 of 2
    • »
    Search:

Free web hostinguCozCopyright Wector 2024